Sunday, May 15, 2011

30 for 30: Day 1

     Today is Sunday.  Which means that I am singing in choir at church today (and sometimes seeing myself on the large screen!) So I get to 'dress up' a bit!
     I LOVE this outfit!  It nods to the nautical feeling that is always so prevalent this time of year without being "themey".
     White jeans are LEI (from Walmart):FREE - that's right, FREE.  I got these from a clothes swap held at a church women's ministry event.  I had to be talked into taking them, but I love them!
     Red sweater is Jessica Howard (Khol's): $19.  I originally purchased this to wear through the Christmas Holidays and have worn it a lot more than I ever thought I would.
     Black & White striped blouse is from H&M: $9.95.
     Necklace is from White House/Black Market. It is silver chains and pearls with red & pink enamel flowers.  The proceeds from this necklace were donated to the Breast Cancer Foundation.  Current cost per wear:  $8
     And the black patent shoes are Stuart Weitzman.  Current cost per wear: $4.
     This would be a good time to discuss cost per wear as these last two items cost over the $30 limit when I purchased them. However, I have worn them so many times that the cost of wearing them is really inconsequential.
     To figure cost per wear (CPW) just divide the cost of an item by how many times you think you will wear (or have worn) an item.  It's a great way to see if something is really a bargain when you are shopping! A $19 blouse worn only once has a CPW of $19.  A $60 blouse worn once a month (12 times) has a CPW of $5.  So sometimes it does pay to spend a bit more if you are going to enjoy something in the long run! And the best thing about CPW is, if you wear something enough, it drops to $0!!!
     See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment